Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then 11:09 - May 28 with 9194 viewschrismakin

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:59 - May 28 with 1614 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:19 - May 28 by J2BLUE

Why would the club out him?

It would say to anyone in similar situations that we can't be trusted if they decided to stay with their current club. There's nothing to gain saying actually he was close to coming here. It puts him in an awkward situation and starts a whole thing off about the eventual CB signing not being our first choice.

This

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 13:00 - May 28 with 1628 viewsPhilTWTD

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:45 - May 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

But couldn't your source have got it via a rumour put out by the agent?

If he's lying it seems odd to go into so much detail.

No, without wanting to say too much, it wasn't from that sort of angle. Also other local media people were hearing the same and I doubt very much they were getting it from where I was getting it from.
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 13:00 - May 28 with 1612 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:29 - May 28 by chrismakin

Not out him on purpose, I 've seen before the press asking a manager about players who were 'close' to joining or what do you think of .... " Great player, nearly signed him last in the summer etc etc

something similar to that.

It's not a major thing of course, I just think Bradley would be daft to lie about it. As mentioned above he doesn't himself need to say he was close to joining, but could have easily have said, spoke with, turned out. the end.

Honestly, it really isn't worth worrying about.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 13:05 - May 28 with 1598 viewshype313

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 13:00 - May 28 by PhilTWTD

No, without wanting to say too much, it wasn't from that sort of angle. Also other local media people were hearing the same and I doubt very much they were getting it from where I was getting it from.

Ah, so we can deduce from that your contact was Dobbo.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 13:24 - May 28 with 1546 viewspointofblue

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:23 - May 28 by PhilTWTD

My source on it wasn't the agent. Was definitely something in it and there was the expectation he was moving on at both ends.

Seems a bit odd if that is the case, considering he wanted to stay in the Championship. I assume there was a feeling he may have to move on until Luton sold Pearson, then they had the money to offer the contract?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 13:30 - May 28 with 1531 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 13:00 - May 28 by PhilTWTD

Is there a chance that we were interested but it never got as far as the player? That's how it reads with his denial today.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 13:53 - May 28 with 1478 viewsdavblue

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:10 - May 28 by chrismakin

Agree, but there is a difference between something in it with the player in question to speaking alot with the agent of said player and agent lets local papers know about it lol

He may be saving face, but I can't see it knowing the club could just counter him at any point.

People in football lie shocker to convince fans of his total commitment.
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 14:02 - May 28 with 1448 viewsjayessess

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:37 - May 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yep. Or he's actually telling the truth and didn't. Like I say, he could pretend without even mentioning Ipswich. The fact that he's come out and said so much in so much detail suggests he's telling the truth to me. The best way to lie is to keep it simple. By mentioning Ipswich he invites Ipswich to come back and say, well you're talking porkies mate! Just no need.

Again, there's no reason for Ipswich to call him out on the lie.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 14:17 - May 28 with 1412 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:19 - May 28 by norfsufblue

Who cares..he plays for Luton... move on!

In the Championship.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 16:31 - May 28 with 1321 viewstractorboy1978

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 13:30 - May 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

Is there a chance that we were interested but it never got as far as the player? That's how it reads with his denial today.

Stuart Watson heard from 'several' independent sources it was very close. He said he was cautious in the way he worded his article and nearly went harder with how close he thought it was. So it clearly did get a way down the line and the player was certainly involved.
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 16:40 - May 28 with 1299 viewschrismakin

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 16:31 - May 28 by tractorboy1978

Stuart Watson heard from 'several' independent sources it was very close. He said he was cautious in the way he worded his article and nearly went harder with how close he thought it was. So it clearly did get a way down the line and the player was certainly involved.

Where does he say that? all I can see is the eadt piece and him saying to someone tell me one i've got wrong......

well ok, this one lol

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 16:40 - May 28 with 1293 viewstractorboy1978

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 16:40 - May 28 by chrismakin

Where does he say that? all I can see is the eadt piece and him saying to someone tell me one i've got wrong......

well ok, this one lol

KOA podcast.
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 16:48 - May 28 with 1276 viewschrismakin

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 16:40 - May 28 by tractorboy1978

KOA podcast.

I don't see that does show the player was involved.

I see it agent makes contact at PR, the rumour makes its way around PR, sources inside PR gave version of info out to journo's........ Bradley I found was an out of nowhere link, no connections with anyone at the club, and in a position where PC could strenghen with ease with out of contract ex players.

personally, and i'll leave it here, I think it's pure agent work, and a good job by the agent.

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 16:59 - May 28 with 1262 viewstractorboy1978

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 16:48 - May 28 by chrismakin

I don't see that does show the player was involved.

I see it agent makes contact at PR, the rumour makes its way around PR, sources inside PR gave version of info out to journo's........ Bradley I found was an out of nowhere link, no connections with anyone at the club, and in a position where PC could strenghen with ease with out of contract ex players.

personally, and i'll leave it here, I think it's pure agent work, and a good job by the agent.

If you still think that after what Phil has written in this thread then it is pointless engaging with you.
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 17:32 - May 28 with 1230 viewsLeaky

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:05 - May 28 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, although I gather money wasn't the issue but Championship football.

Phil can you see Luton A long time prospect for championship football over town.
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 17:35 - May 28 with 1223 viewsPhilTWTD

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 13:30 - May 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

No, he would definitely have been aware.
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 17:36 - May 28 with 1219 viewsPhilTWTD

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 17:32 - May 28 by Leaky

Phil can you see Luton A long time prospect for championship football over town.

Probably not but at 29 this may be his only opportunity of playing at that level.
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 18:41 - May 28 with 1166 viewsHerbivore

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:10 - May 28 by chrismakin

Agree, but there is a difference between something in it with the player in question to speaking alot with the agent of said player and agent lets local papers know about it lol

He may be saving face, but I can't see it knowing the club could just counter him at any point.

The club are hardly going to come out and say "He's a liar!". This is real life, not an episode of Jeremy Kyle.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 18:42 - May 28 with 1162 viewschrismakin

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 18:41 - May 28 by Herbivore

The club are hardly going to come out and say "He's a liar!". This is real life, not an episode of Jeremy Kyle.

Already said what could happen as has happened many times before. Doesnt need to be an episode of JK.

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 18:44 - May 28 with 1160 viewsHerbivore

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:45 - May 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

But couldn't your source have got it via a rumour put out by the agent?

If he's lying it seems odd to go into so much detail.

Have you read the article? What detail?

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 18:45 - May 28 with 1157 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is exactly why I'm ignoring any rumours until they're signing is branded as imminent by Phil. There'll be so much uninformed rubbish around, especially this year with the new owners.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 18:49 - May 28 with 1149 viewsHerbivore

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 18:42 - May 28 by chrismakin

Already said what could happen as has happened many times before. Doesnt need to be an episode of JK.

Yeah I've seen you speculating all over the place. Phil, meanwhile, is putting forward actual information.

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 18:59 - May 28 with 1135 viewschrismakin

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 18:49 - May 28 by Herbivore

Yeah I've seen you speculating all over the place. Phil, meanwhile, is putting forward actual information.

actual information of sources that were basically speculating yeah?

end of the day, player says he wasn't aware, if he's lieing it'll prob comeout at some point

if he's not lieing, sources were wrong.

Again, use of forum is to discuss town related content, it's full of speculation, guess work, thoughts and beliefs, Don't want to be part of speculation, ignore and move on.

:)

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 19:00 - May 28 with 1132 viewsHerbivore

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 18:59 - May 28 by chrismakin

actual information of sources that were basically speculating yeah?

end of the day, player says he wasn't aware, if he's lieing it'll prob comeout at some point

if he's not lieing, sources were wrong.

Again, use of forum is to discuss town related content, it's full of speculation, guess work, thoughts and beliefs, Don't want to be part of speculation, ignore and move on.

:)

Yeah, think I'll take Phil's view on this over yours given that he has actual information and you don't.

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 19:07 - May 28 with 1112 viewschrismakin

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 19:00 - May 28 by Herbivore

Yeah, think I'll take Phil's view on this over yours given that he has actual information and you don't.

Go for it, if you wish to believe 'unknown sources' over a players own account. each to their own.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024