Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Omicron Variant 18:22 - Nov 26 with 7767 viewsgordon

Definitely doesn't sound anything like an apocalyptic disaster movie, so maybe things will be fine.
The Omicron Variant on 14:35 - Nov 28 with 552 viewsHerbivore

The Omicron Variant on 14:35 - Nov 28 by chicoazul

The litany of reasons all of which end up with more covid not less?

Ffs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Omicron Variant on 19:03 - Dec 3 with 398 viewsTrequartista

The Omicron Variant on 13:53 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

If you ignore the thousands of deaths we've had whilst our case numbers have continued to be very high over a 3-4 month period, then sure, we've done great.

Sorry i missed this, i'm not sure you understood the point. We have more deaths over the 3-4 month period but less deaths when the other countries hit a spike in winter when we are still flat. The difference is that when you have more critical cases in the winter instead of summer and autumn, there isn't enough room in the hospitals so the deaths overall will be higher.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The Omicron Variant on 19:36 - Dec 3 with 363 viewsHerbivore

The Omicron Variant on 19:03 - Dec 3 by Trequartista

Sorry i missed this, i'm not sure you understood the point. We have more deaths over the 3-4 month period but less deaths when the other countries hit a spike in winter when we are still flat. The difference is that when you have more critical cases in the winter instead of summer and autumn, there isn't enough room in the hospitals so the deaths overall will be higher.

I think you underestimate just how high our rates have been consistently over a long period of time, and the trend is upwards again: https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-te

Hospitals here have been under unbearable strain for some time and the winter is going to be very tough. I think there's scant evidence to suggest our approach has been right or better than countries that suppressed cases for longer and who only relatively recently have surpassed the kinds of case numbers we've been seeing for months on end as part of a third (or fourth) wave.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Omicron Variant on 19:59 - Dec 3 with 347 viewsTrequartista

The Omicron Variant on 19:36 - Dec 3 by Herbivore

I think you underestimate just how high our rates have been consistently over a long period of time, and the trend is upwards again: https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-te

Hospitals here have been under unbearable strain for some time and the winter is going to be very tough. I think there's scant evidence to suggest our approach has been right or better than countries that suppressed cases for longer and who only relatively recently have surpassed the kinds of case numbers we've been seeing for months on end as part of a third (or fourth) wave.

Deaths are down at the moment and hospitalisations are at their lowest since July (although i would expect both to rise as they lag behind a recent rise in cases). Cases are difficult to compare as we test as much in a day as others do in a week.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

We're still not really into the grip of winter yet, so too early to say, and it will be difficult to compare at the end of winter anyway because of so many other factors such as the extreme measures like compulsory vaccination that some eu countries are start to take, and that's before we factor in omicron.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024