Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The more physically active you are the better your brain works. 09:26 - May 18 with 1019 viewsBrixtonBlue

Increased physical activity strengthens and improves the heart, reduces fat and cholesterol, speeds up metabolism - all of which improves the supply of blood and nutrients to the brain.

Physical activity seems to have an even more direct effect on the brain, by increasing the output of brain derived neurotrophic factor - a protein that stimulates growth and production of new brain cells. This could explain the many reported neurological benefits of physical activity, such as enhancing learning ability and memory, increased hippocampal volume and higher levels of grey matter throughout the brain.

So why are most footballers thickos?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The more physically active you are the better your brain works. on 09:30 - May 18 with 1007 viewsSwansea_Blue

I suspect the effect is relative to the optimal capacity of any given brain, but good spot!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The more physically active you are the better your brain works. on 09:32 - May 18 with 1005 viewsPendejo

The answer is in the text you posted; the BETTER the brain WORKS does not make any claims about intelligence.

There was some article years ago about how David Beckham was sub-consciously performing all sorts of mathematical equations when he delivered a cross; speed, height, trajectory etc.

If you've ever played against pro/semi-pro players they certainly think their football quicker.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The more physically active you are the better your brain works. on 09:33 - May 18 with 1005 viewsunbelievablue

Because it's minimal. You can't run a thicko into the ground and get Einstein, buddy.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The more physically active you are the better your brain works. on 09:40 - May 18 with 975 viewsBrixtonBlue

The more physically active you are the better your brain works. on 09:33 - May 18 by unbelievablue

Because it's minimal. You can't run a thicko into the ground and get Einstein, buddy.

Damn.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The more physically active you are the better your brain works. on 09:44 - May 18 with 964 viewschicoazul

It annoys me that people say footballers are thick when Stephen Hawking was such a bad player.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The more physically active you are the better your brain works. on 09:54 - May 18 with 953 viewsWadeyBlue

The more physically active you are the better your brain works. on 09:44 - May 18 by chicoazul

It annoys me that people say footballers are thick when Stephen Hawking was such a bad player.

Thats not true.

He could talk a good game, very articulate, and a great dribbler.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

The more physically active you are the better your brain works. on 10:20 - May 18 with 924 viewsHurleyBurley

Because every time they head the ball, they kill a million brain cells?

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024