Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference 07:59 - Feb 12 with 4671 viewsOxford_Blue

Because without money to spend, no decent manager is going to come to us. They would simply be taking a poisoned chalice and damage their career. No premiership or championship manager would be interested. We have already tried the “young, inexperienced” route (Paul Hurst) and that was a catastrophe for everyone.

So, the question is whether Evans is willing to make money available. If he isn’t, then fine, that’s his choice and he already would say he spends a lot just to keep the club running. But my response would be to him - if you’re not going to help the club move forwards, and want to just mitigate your losses, then is that in anyone’s interests? You say there have been offers for the club you’ve turned down. Isn’t it time you actively did all you can to get a buyer, and move on? Accept it hasn’t worked. Give someone else a chance.

If that person exists......
Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 10:04 - Feb 12 with 1009 viewsKeaneish

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 09:10 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

You don't need money to get out of this league, you just need to be a half decent manager with this set of players.

Lambert is screwing this job up badly, he has had the investment in this squad but hasn't a clue how to set them up, or how to win games.

Evans isn't the best owner, and he isn't the worst - but he has backed his manager this year and he's not been repaid - that new contract was a laughable decision from Evans

Agreed. He can't change games either and we spent months playing different systems so we should be able to adapt whenever a change requires it, which i thought was the plan. We look lost and for all our quality, bereft of ideas. Sad. It promised so much. I'll take 6th place right now and roll the dice in the play-offs.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 11:33 - Feb 12 with 974 viewsmonty_radio

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 09:49 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

Hurst had 500 games under his belt as a manager. It's a bit of a stretch to call him an up and comer in any case. He was seen as someone with an excellent track record at a lower level who looked a good bet to step up, but it's not really right that he gets characterised as an example of a young up and comer.

Though all the more reason then that the due diligence should have been easy.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 11:51 - Feb 12 with 954 viewsOxford_Blue

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 09:08 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

No manager taking a job in League 1 is going to expect a decent transfer kitty. Sides at this level spend very little.

A minute ago you were saying nobody would want to come here and now it seems you're being picky over not taking a manager who failed in a higher league at a bigger club. Make your mind up.

I don’t think a league one manager would be any better than Lambert. Lambert has taken up a side in successive seasons to the premiership and then managed a number of high profile clubs. We tried a league one manager before and it was a disaster.

No point in sacking Lambert unless we have a better alternative.
Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 11:53 - Feb 12 with 945 viewsHerbivore

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 11:51 - Feb 12 by Oxford_Blue

I don’t think a league one manager would be any better than Lambert. Lambert has taken up a side in successive seasons to the premiership and then managed a number of high profile clubs. We tried a league one manager before and it was a disaster.

Harking back to Lambert's only success as a manager nearly a decade ago isn't going to convince me he's a good manager. He's had numerous failures since, including his 16 months here. At this point I'd back a trained monkey to do a better job than Lambert so I find the notion that we couldn't get anyone who could do a better job somewhat laughable.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 12:00]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 11:58 - Feb 12 with 936 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 11:51 - Feb 12 by Oxford_Blue

Hi Paul

Thanks for reminding us of your past successes, however I would again note that we’re 8 years removed from your spell at Norwich

I would also point out that whilst we did try a League One manager before that was when we were in the Championship, as opposed to League One where we now currently reside thanks to the relegation you contributed towards last season

I would politely suggest that any alternative could have done better than 3 wins in the last 20, maybe it would be best if you focused on turning that around rather than worrying about what alternatives there are

Regards
Healy

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 12:11 - Feb 12 with 911 viewsjayessess

At least half the bosses in L1 are currently having a better season than Lambert relative to their resources

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 12:17 - Feb 12 with 897 viewsOxford_Blue

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 12:11 - Feb 12 by jayessess

At least half the bosses in L1 are currently having a better season than Lambert relative to their resources

That’s a fair point.
Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 13:06 - Feb 12 with 865 viewsbadadski

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 09:49 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

Hurst had 500 games under his belt as a manager. It's a bit of a stretch to call him an up and comer in any case. He was seen as someone with an excellent track record at a lower level who looked a good bet to step up, but it's not really right that he gets characterised as an example of a young up and comer.

problem is no Width or pace - He has tried to address this to little success.

Problem yesterday was no wing play and its too one dimensional and easy to play against when you know players like Donacian dont know how to play attacking or are too scared too.

No. KVY, no Garbutt, no Bishop, no Edwards and no replacements.

Why we have no wingers is beyond me and leaving out Dobra to me is a bit of a weird one as we have no plan B or players capable of adapting to what we need.
Login to get fewer ads

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 13:07 - Feb 12 with 863 viewsKeanos_Monkey

McCarthy didn't have any money
Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 13:17 - Feb 12 with 846 viewsmonty_radio

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 13:07 - Feb 12 by Keanos_Monkey

McCarthy didn't have any money

Championship sides such as were Millwall and Preston probably couldn't have afforded some of the Premier loanees that we regularly had.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 14:04]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 19:06 - Feb 12 with 797 viewsagentp

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 11:58 - Feb 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Hi Paul

Thanks for reminding us of your past successes, however I would again note that we’re 8 years removed from your spell at Norwich

I would also point out that whilst we did try a League One manager before that was when we were in the Championship, as opposed to League One where we now currently reside thanks to the relegation you contributed towards last season

I would politely suggest that any alternative could have done better than 3 wins in the last 20, maybe it would be best if you focused on turning that around rather than worrying about what alternatives there are

Regards
Healy

That's a German legend you are speaking to. I know he tries to keep it to himself, but have some respect!

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 10:24 - Feb 13 with 704 viewsCaptMickMills

Regardless of funding need a manager/coach who can improve players, develop a discernable style of play and make sum of parts greater than individual parts.

In this division we have a top budget better squad thdn most and Lambert hasn't done this to date.

With Evan's more bothered about poor selection of managers rather than funding where he has funded the club but not as much as we would want.
Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 11:36 - Feb 13 with 674 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Getting rid of Lambert won’t make any difference on 09:16 - Feb 12 by Chrisd

I agree. You need the right players to do it though.

Or a good coach.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024